Hey! Summer is almost there and everybody is thrilled to enter their first holiday trip. The last two weeks I’ve got from friends around the world the question if I can give them tips about my favorite place in the world. Even though this site is still not THE PERFECT Tips page for Ibiza (yet), I thought „why not posting my favorite places just on one english post?“. So, here’s not just a condensed article about my personal Ibiza Tips – it’s also my first post in english – sorry germans.
Again this is just my „favorite“ list, it’s not entirely comprehensive. It will do its job for a 4-5 day trip. There are
Beaches & Beachbars
Let me start with the tiny coves and beaches.
Cala Bassa & Cala Bassa Beach Club (CbBC)
Well, if you want to hang out all day long and want great service plus some music in the background, go here. Period.
Playa d’en Bossa
I’d say it’s quite posh over here. Lot’s of party people. Pretty crowded, but with Nassau Beach Club, Coco Beach and BeachHouse a very nice place with outstanding DJ’s all day long. If you rent a boat from Eivissa in a day charter, you can cruise over here and enjoy the beach from the water site. I admit, the same applies to Las Salinas. With the Hard Rock Hotel, Ushuaia and the brand new Palladium Hotel, there are great Hotels close by this beach. Obviously nothing for explorers, more for the party folks.
Cala Comte and Sunset Ashram Bar
You should NEVER NEVER – listen to me: NEVER – miss the sunset at Cala Comte with a glass of your favorite drink from the Sunset Ashram Bar in your hand.
There are a couple of Beach Clubs who do not necessarily have a beach, but they are great places to be. Let me start with my favorite one.
As said, Nikki Beach does not have a beach, but the ocean is 10 meters away. They do have an outstanding pool though. The food is outstanding, the drinks and the music as well. Unfortunately the pricing, too, but I’d say it’s worth it.
Blue Marlin Ibiza
My second favorite Beach bar without being straight at the beach. It’s a phantastic combination of club, restaurant and beach bar. Everything you need to relax during the days and party through the night. The Blue Marlin is also famous for their Dinghy Service. If you arrive by boat, you will get transported straight to the table.
A bit quieter, but not worse at all. It’s a phantastic restaurant and an awesome bar. Partially supported by DJ’s. The sea view from the cliff is just breathtaking. You should definitely go for a cocktail over here. Amante is great for lunch and dinner. A bit pricey, but the view will cover the cost.
Babylon Beach Bar
Recommended for Lunch! Enjoy the cheese cake! You meet two very interesting guys here. First of all the DJ, Mister George Solar. I’ve never heard that many relaxing sounds in a row. He knows how to slow you down! Second Mister Abraham Barroso Sabino. He’s driving an animal shelter MOJIS on the island. Feel free to give him your direct donation for MOJIS at the table. And send him my regards! The food is really great and the service is perfect. Enjoy the Babylon Beach Bar!
Here’s my list of favorite Hotels.
- If you’re looking for something small and cosy, go to Toni’s Finca.
- It’s close to Eivissa, but I definitely recommend a car. Well, I always recommend a car if you’re on this island!
- If you’re looking for a great price for great value, go to Sol Beach House. Renovated by Melia. Send my regards to their Manager Szilárd Kováts Grosz.
- It is close to Santa Eulalia. If you want to stay in town, there’s no need for a car.
- If you’d like to spend your time in a great 5-star hotel, go to Insotel Fenicia in Santa Eulalia. This is my favorite 5star place on the island, as their pricing does not necessarily go through the roof.
- If you can spend a lot of money, go for the Ibiza Grand Hotel in the middle of the main city Eivissa.
- If you’re looking for party party yeah, you can choose betweeen Pasha Hotel, Ushuaia, Hard Rock Hotel.
I’m not the biggest fan of staying in San Antonio, hence I’m rather staying in Eivissa or Santa Eulalia. It’s not as crying loud as San Antonio is.
Not THAT many spots, but here are a few I definitely recommend.
- Atlantis – It’s simply awesome to see how water and humans built this stunning stone setting
- Es Vedra – seriously, this is a place to feel the magic of the island. Especially at sunset time. HIGHLY recommended!
- Formentera – if you have the time and can afford a day trip, go by ferry from Eivissa to Formentera. There, rent a Quad and cruise over the island. Go to the Blue Bar and send the DJ George Solar my regards. Looking forward to see him soon!
- Hippie Market Las Dailas – something to explore, especially when traveling with women. Full of strange so so Hippie style.
As most of you you know, I’m an animal lover. There’s an animal shelter – MOJIS – on the island, managed by a great guy who takes care on all of his animals. If you can get a couple of bucks together, give him a visit and donate – either in his shelter, or at the Babylon Beach bar, where he’s working almost daily. His name is Abraham, I’m quite sure, you will find him. If you do not have the time to meet him, send him a donation. Thanks!
Abraham Barroso Sabino
BIC ( Swift ) ES63 2100 2732 6102 0008 5023
Caixa Santa Gertrudes
I’m quite sure I’ve missed a lot, but this page is supposed to be a quick summary of my favorite places. If you’d like to add something, let me know!